Thursday, September 3, 2009

Who's #1 in Your Book?????


      • I am no longer young...I am in my 70's, and to be honest, don't care to be young. I am continually set back on my heels by the self-serving attitudes of those under 50. Unfortunately, even among Christians.
        I can't say all, but the majority to be sure. I suppose because I have spent so many years counseling and teaching inmates, learning to understand how their thought processes work, and why, I have developed a "need to know" attitude about how and why we ALL think. For over 25 years I have taught a class in emotional healing from a Christian perspective. Lining up thinking patterns with Scripture absolutely fascinates me. And when I discovered, thanks to J. Gordon Henry that our minds are NOT born again when we are, I was REALLY fascinated. Surely God made a provision for healing for our minds! Well of course He did and it's right in HIs Word..."be renewed in the attitude of your mind," Eph 4:23 and "let this mind be in you which was also in Christ Jesus,"Phil 2:5, and "for who has known the mind of the Lord that he may instruct Him? But we have the mind of Christ." I Cor 2:16 and many other verses.
      • OK, that is all well and good, but now the question becomes HOW...the best way I can describe the process is to refer you to John 15, commonly called, the Abiding chapter. A simple explanation of the term "abide" is this: settle down and make yourself at home"...make yourself comfortable with the Lord, by reading, and reading, and reading His Word, reading it and memorizing it and as you memorize, meditate on it, take it apart, think about the phrases, look up definitions of words. Another good thing to help in this renewing process is to read the same passage in a different version and compare what you read. Do you journal???? Write down you thoughts and ideas? You should...it's a wonderful exercise and you remember more of what you read when you write down what you are learning. You will find that as you abide, you perception of things begins to change...you are beginning to see things from God's point of view because you are "taking on" His understanding, (mind).


                                              More tomorow

No comments:

Post a Comment