Sunday, September 4, 2011

ISRAEL, con’t part six

You may wonder why I am so intent on writing about Israel…mainly because God loves them and tells us to, then because since 1948 they have been in the right about their land. Yes, God gave it to them, it’s boundaries are laid out in many places in the Scripture, also Jews have lived in that area for 6,000 years along with Arabs. Their main dispersal was in 70 AD, but remnants have always been there. In 1948 the newly formed UN (previously was called the League of Nations) “partitioned” the land and offered the Arabs a section as well as the Jews. The Jews accepted, the Arabs said no! Now you tell me who are the “occupiers?” All of this recent history has gotten lost someplace…NO ONE in the general public seems to know the true story. God will not hold those guiltless who believe the lie!

Today I would like to talk about what is written in Ezekiel 37-39. God tells the prophet to write about Gog and Magog. He starts off with an oratory on bones…He asks the prophet is these dry bones can live? As Ezekiel watched the bones began to come together. God told the prophet He would put meat on their dry bones, cause them to stand up, a mighty army, and breathe life into them again. They stood up but were disheartened, hopeless. His answer is wonderful…” I will dig up your graves and bring you out alive O My people. Then I’ll take you straight to the land of Israel, and you will come to realize I am your God. I have said it, and I’ll do it!” ™

He told Ezekiel to cut two sticks and write on them, one for Joseph’s people and one for Judah’s. Then tie them together and make one stick. Tell the people I am making them one people and am calling them out of the nations to which I have exiled them.They shall be one people living in the land of Israel, their home, and they will live and thrive in the land and mountains of Israel and all the world will know that they are mine. Their land will bloom and be prosperous, and they will be free and they will be Mine!

Then God told Ezekiel to prophecy a time when a country from the far north will desire what they have and will invade them…the land of Gog and Magog…present day Russia. Joining with her will be Iran, Ethiopia, Jordan, and Syria. But…God will deal with them Himself and they will be defeated in the mountains of Israel. He will send an earthquake that will split the area, torrential rains, hail, lava flowing from the eruptions,..” I God will call for all out war against you O Gog, and you will know how great and holy I am …I will make myself known all over the world and never again will I let my  holy name be dragged in the mud!”

More next time…

No comments:

Post a Comment